Alta Car Rentals
Choose from our fleet the car that suits you best!
Hyundai i10 Automatic
- Engine CC: 998cc
- Passengers: 4
- Doors: 5
- Baggages: 2
- Gearbox: Automatic
- Airbags number: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Usb Ports
- Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
Our prices include
- Unlimited KilometersUnlimited KIlometers per day. No extra charges.
- CDW InsuranceCDW Insurance
- Theft InsuranceTheft Insurance
- Roadside assistance 24/7We also offer totally free 24hrs 7 days a week roadside assistance.
- All taxes & VAT 24%Our prices include all taxes and VAT. No hidden costs
- Delivery & collectFree delivery and collection
Terms and conditions
- All kinds of fees-taxes & V.A.T., there are no hidden costs
- Unlimited Kms.
- Basic Insurance package that includes: o Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W) Insurance o Third Party Insurance o Fire Insurance o Theft Insurance
- Pick-up and drop-off services.
- Car replacement (subjects to cars availability) in case of damage
- 24hour Road Assistance
- Valid driver’s license for all declared drivers
- International driver’s license if required (please read the below paragraph
- “Driver’s License”)
- Passport or National ID for all declared drivers
- Credit Card or Debit Card in the driver’s name as a guarantee.
All the booking details (online or phone booking) must be valid.
Our company declares the right to refuse the rental if the booking details are not valid.
The driving license must be issued at least one year before the pick-up date. National Driving Licenses issued in the E.U. or any other in Latins characters are accepted.
Drivers must be between 23 – 75 years old.
Bookings and Vehicle Groups
All reservations are based on vehicle groups and not on a specific vehicle model. We try to assign to each reservation the chosen vehicle model. However, if the chosen model becomes unavailable, our company reserves the right to offer a similar model. A similar model will be a vehicle in the same group – category as the chosen model. Also, our company reserves the right to offer a model of a bigger group – category with no extra charge (free upgrade).
Booking length, minimum rental charge
The minimum booking length is 24 hours, and the maximum is 30 days. According to the season, the availability, and the pick-up location, the minimum booking length may vary. The minimum rental charge is one day. If you wish to rent a vehicle for more than 30 days, please contact us as the rental agreement must be renewed every 30 days. If the renter wishes to keep the rental vehicle more from the agreed period, then the renter must contact us at least two days before the previously agreed vehicle return and request an extension. Based on availability, our company may or may not approve the extension. A rental extension will be valid only if the changes apply to the rental agreement.
The deposit can be paid online from our website with credit, debit, and prepaid cards or can be deposited in our bank account.
We accept Visa and Mastercard.
All card payments are processed through the save Alpha Bank’s “Alpha e-Commerce” electronic payment platform that use TLS 1.2 encryption with 128-bit encryption protocol (Secure Sockets Layer-SSL).
The remaining amount will be paid when you pick up the vehicle with cash or credit, debit, or prepaid cards.
If you wish to cancel your reservation, you have to send a cancellation notice email and receive an answer that we received your cancellation notice.
If the renter fails to collect the vehicle within 2 hours of the agreed rental start date and time without any written update, the reservation may be automatically canceled, and the total deposit amount will be charged.
If the renter returns the vehicle after the agreed return time without agreeing to an extension with our company, the renter will be charged daily according to the daily seasonal rate applicable on the specific dates.
The renter has to return the vehicle with the same fuel level as delivered. If the renter returns the vehicle with less fuel level than was delivered, the renter will be charged the fuel difference plus a refueling service fee of 15 Euros. There is no refund if the renter returns the vehicle with more fuel level than was delivered. The renter has to pay for the fuel that will use during the rental period
Baby, Child & Booster Seats
We offer two different types of seats
- Baby seat: 0-18 Kgs
- Child seat – booster seat 18-36 Kgs
Aditional driver can be only one, the extra cost is 2€/day.
Pets – Animals
Are not allowed in the vehicle
Vehicle Cleaning Charge
The car must be returned clean of beach sand, seawater and sunscreen stains. Also the exterior has to be clean enough so that it can be checked for damages/dents. Our company reserves the right to charge the renter with a cleaning fee for cleaning the vehicle.(minimum cleaning charge is 40€+V.A.T)
Basic insurance package
Our basic insurance coverage includes in our prices and includes:
- Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.) with an excess amount that varies according to car category.
- Third Party Insurance ( T.P.I )
- Fire Insurance
- Theft Insurance with an excess amount that varies according to car category .
All our cars can have full insurance (FDW) with no excess that covers all repair costs in case of accident, this is valid only in case that the traffic rules has not been violated, the FDW is optional and you can requested it before rent the car.
What is not covered by any insurance
- Damages caused by a driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Damages caused by an unauthorized driver.
- Damages in the interior of the vehicle
- Damages that were caused because the vehicle being illegally parked
- Damages due to traffic law violation.
- Damages due to inappropriate driving, negligence, or intentional.
- Damages to the engine by wrong fuel or negligence.
- Damages were caused because the vehicle was used off-road or in not appropriate roads (not paved roads, dirt roads, beaches, etc.). like Balos beach.
- Damages that were caused after the agreed return time.
- Damage to the mirrors.
- Damages or loss of tires, rims, hubcaps.
- Damages to the underside of the vehicle.
- Damages or loss of the antenna
- Damages caused willfully or recklessly by the renter, e.g. (burning out the clutch, burning out the tires, sitting or standing on the bonnet, or the roof or the boot lid of the vehicle, etc.)
- If the renter at the time of the accident does not notify our company or the police
- Loss of personal items
- Loss, damage, or theft of vehicle keys
- Loss or damage of child seats, jack, safety triangle, spare wheel, petrol cap, or any accessories.
- Total or part theft, in cases where the theft was caused due to renter’s negligence. (e.g., forgot the engine keys on the vehicle, etc.)
- Traffic fines or other administrative sanctions may result from any violation of the Greek Traffic Law.
Fixed Compensation amounts due to Damage / Loss / Negligence
- Vehicle Key: Simple car key 100€ / Special car key: 150-300 €
- Baby Seat 100 €, Booster Seat 60€
- Vehicle Battery 100 €
- Antenna: 40€
- Aluminum Rim 150€/pc
- Plastic wheel cover: 40€/pc
- Exterior mirror: glass 40€, plastic case/mechanism 100€
- Car mats: 20€/pc
- Soiled Seats / Interior : 90€
- Window Wiper: 30€
- Car Tyre: 80€ /pc
- SUV/ 4×4 Tyre: 100€/pc
It is not allowed.
Traffic fines or other administrative sanctions
The renter must pay traffic fines, or any administrative sanctions may result from any violation of the Greek Traffic Law. The renter can pay the fines in cash. If any fine becomes required after the rental period, our company will charge the renter’s credit card the amount of the fine plus V.A.T (24%). If the police or other authority removes the registration plates during the rental, the renter must compensate our company immediately. The compensation amount will be calculated by multiplying the total number of days that the vehicle will be without registration plates with the per-day rental price from the current season.
Obligations – Other terms
The renter must check the condition of the tires, the exterior of the vehicle and if the vehicle can move safely. The renter is responsible and is obligated to compensate the company for damages resulting from lack of attention. Also has to park and lock the vehicle properly in an appropriate and safe place.
During the rental period, the vehicle must not be used:
- In breach of the rental terms
- To carry passengers or goods on a fee
- To carry more passengers than allowed
- To carry heavy objects, smelly goods, or drugs
- To tow another car or trailer
- In any kind of races
- For any purpose that is against the Greek laws
- Outside of Crete without a written authorization of our company.